Berdan Publishing Co.

Featured Artist:

Kathleen McDonnell

More Artists:
(click to open/close)

The Berdan Publishing Co., 32 Union Square, New York (Publishers, c.1908-1916) and later location at 117-119 East 24th Street, New York, was owned by lithographer, Harry B. Berdan (in partnerships with Edwin C. Lane), whose previous business was Berdan & Redcliffe (For: Frederick J. Redcliffe), located 156 Fifth Avenue, New York (c.1898-c.1901). The Berdan Publishing Co. sold art reproductions, mottoes, as well as an assortment of holiday greeting cards and folders for special occasions, birthday, anniversary and birth announcement cards, novelties, etc. and were also associated with the Ivorchrome Co. and Berdan later worked as treasurer for the publishing & importing company, Close, Graham & Scully, Inc., 325 Fifth Avenue, New York.

(Written & compiled by Mark Strong of Meibohm Fine Arts, East Aurora, NY)

 

PLEASE CLICK FOR MORE INFO